Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Birthday America!








I have been looking forward to the fourth of July for so long. Mainly just so I could finally wear my awesome american flag toms. I have a toms obsession and I'm not afraid to admit it. Anyways, I spent my holiday hanging out with some great people, swimming, eating, and sailing. It was a great day to say the least. And to finish off the night, we ended it with a bang...literally. There's really no way I could accurately describe through writing how insane this final firework was, but I'll do my best. We were just about done for the night when another group of people came up to the same place we were to shoot some of their own fireworks. These weren't the little poppers that we had been doing, they were the real deal, legit ones that thousands of people go to see in firework shows. They casually warned us that they were about to set it off, so we all stepped back a few feet to watch the show. I handed my friends mom my phone to record it all. The first shot went off, and we all gazed at it's beauty in amazement blah blah blah, then things started to get real. Instead of the next shot shooting in the air, it had fallen over, and it was coming straight at us. Everybody scattered, and we were thrown into a war zone as explosions went off around us, and I was running for my life. It seemed like it was never going to end. I turned around for a brief second to witness one of the fireworks ricochet off a car, straight at my friend, and it literally chased him, exploding behind him as he ran. I was laughing the hardest I've ever laughed in my entire life, but was also so scared out of my mind all at the same time. When the craziness finally ended, a fire had erupted in the lot across the street. Luckily, they were able to quickly put it out, and all was well. Can you say most eventful night ever?! Yeah we left after that, but it was such a great ending to the best fourth of July I've ever had.

Remember how I said my friend's mom started recording it? Well she never turned my camera off, so you can hear everything that's going on. I've watched this video about 20 times now, and it's literally the funniest thing I've ever seen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment